Reset Wink Hub to Factory Default
Whether you are troubleshooting a network issue, replacing a Wink Hub, transferring ownership to another individual, or just want to start fresh with an empty slate, resetting your Wink Hub to its factory default settings is easy and will only take a few minutes. It is important to remember that resetting your Wink Hub will return the device settings back to the original defaults and delete any pairings, schedules and preferences. That said, there are many reasons why one may wish to consider resetting their Wink Hub. It could be due to Wi-Fi connectivity issues or because you are experiencing unusually prolonged response times from buttons or switches connected via Z-Wave. Resetting your Wink hub could also provide you with an easy solution when attempting to troubleshoot any other device related issue. You may find it necessary during a home automation overhaul in order for all of your devices pair correctly with the new hub. Alternatively, if you have encountered physical damage or alterations due to vandalism it’s important to ensure that everything is working normally by restoring it back to it’s factory defaults before activating new products on the system.
If after assessing these options you decide that it’s time for a reset remember – don’t panic! Simply follow our simple steps outlined later in this article and your Wink Hub will be ready for use again in no time. We understand how confusing gadgets can be sometimes so take comfort knowing that latest technologies offer us better tools when things go wrong!
Preparing to Reset Your Wink Hub
Resetting your Wink Hub back to its factory defaults can be a helpful troubleshooting step if you are experiencing issues with the device. To begin, make sure you have your router and the Wink Hub both powered up and connected to a functioning internet connection. Then follow the steps below:
1. Log into wink.com using your current account credentials. 2. Click on the hamburger icon in the top-left corner of the home page, then from the drop-down menu select settings located under your name in the list. 3. On the next page, click “hardt reset” located on the right side of this page under Support Options for quickly restoring your Wink Hub to its original factory settings. 4. After confirming that you understand that all account settings will be erased and any connected devices will also be disconnected, click “RESET” to complete returning your hub back to its factory default settings.. 5. You should then see an alert confirming that a reset has been completed; tap continue or close this prompt and wait 5 seconds for it disappear spontaneously before continuing.. 6. You are now ready to set up your Wink Hub again, starting with connecting it back up WiFi network like you did during initial setup (if you need help doing this consult our Setup & Support documentation).
How to Reset Your Wink Hub
A Wink Hub allows you to use devices that are compatible with the Wink home automation system. It can be used to control lights, locks, thermostats and more from your smart phone. If you need to reset your Wink Hub back to its factory default settings, you can do so from the “Settings” page in the mobile app. Here’s how:
1. Open the mobile app and navigate to the “Settings” page.
2. Scroll down and select “Factory Reset.”
3. Follow the prompts on screen to reset your Wink Hub back to its original factory settings.
4. Once complete, all Winks connected to your hub will have their settings erased and must be reconfigured before they can work again with your Wink Hub.
5. You may also need to re-join any networks or update any network information that had been previously configured through your hub prior to it being reset (i.e., Wi-Fi passwords).
After Resetting Your Wink Hub
Once you have reset your Wink Hub back to factory default settings, you will need to reconnect it to your home’s Wi-Fi network. This can be done by following a few simple steps.
First, you must power cycle the Wink Hub. To do this, simply unplug the unit from its power source and wait 10-30 seconds before plugging it back in. Second, open up the Wink app on your device and tap “Add a Product”. After that, select “Wink Hub” when prompted. At this point you will be guided through setting up your Wink Hub to connect it with your home’s Wi-Fi network.Third, after your Wink Hub is connected to your Wi-Fi network and linked with the app, follow the instructions provided in the app to reregister each device that is hooked up to or synced with your Wink Hub. This step is important as it ensures that all of your devices remain connected properly after resetting the hub itself.
Finally, once all of these steps have been completed successfully, restart any connected devices such as lights or thermostats if necessary and resume using your our systems as normal through the Wink app!
If your Wink Hub is not operating as expected, you may need to reset the device to its factory default settings. This can be accomplished in several different ways, including using the Wink app (for devices connected to a Wi-Fi network) or using buttons directly on the device itself (for devices connected over ethernet). Resetting the hub will disconnect it completely from your network and restore it to its original state. Before beginning, be sure you have your Wi-Fi credentials handy and that you have access to any remote access applications or services associated with the hub.
Wink App Method:
1. From within the Wink app, select “Settings” from the main menu.
2. Find “Wink Hubs” from within this page and select your hub from the list.
3. Select “Factory Reset” from this page and follow instructions on screen; when complete, you will need to reconnect your hub according to instructions provided by Wink Support
1. On the back of your device, locate and press down firmly on both of its “Reset” buttons for at least 10 seconds until all LED lights are illuminated and then release them both simultaneously; when complete all LED lights will go out indicating a successful reset has been performed
2. Reconnect according to instructions provided by Wink Support
Resetting your Wink Hub or Wink Hub 2 to factory settings is fairly straightforward, though you should know that it will erase any information in the hub and you’ll have to set all connected products back up from scratch after you’ve finished the reset.
In many cases, a factory reset can help resolve connection issues and general smart home setup problems. If all else fails, a reset followed by a complete reinstallation of the Wink app may be just what is needed to get your smart home back up and running.