Flipboard Has Stopped
Having an online presence can be important for many reasons, but with it comes the responsibility to make sure the information you are sharing is secure and that you are consistently monitoring your accounts. It may be in your best interest to delete your Flipboard account if you no longer use it or if its security is at risk.
There can be multiple reasons for wanting to delete your Flipboard account, ranging from privacy and security risks posed by third-party apps or sites, to needing more control over the data stored about you online. Some of these include:
- You don’t have control over what content third-party sites can access when linked to Flipboard
- You don’t know how much data is being stored and shared about you
- You want better privacy settings that allow you to control who has access to your content
- You don’t feel safe or secure on Flipboard and want greater control over your account
- You believe someone else has taken control of your account without authorization
Steps to Delete Your Flipboard Account
Flipboard is a digital magazine app that allows users to easily access and share topics and news stories they are interested in. While the app works great for keeping up with news and topics of interest, there may come a time when you want to delete your account.
Luckily, deleting your Flipboard account is relatively easy to do. Follow these steps for deleting your Flipboard account:
1. Open the Flipboard app or log in to the website at https://flipboard.com/
2. Click on the profile icon located at the top left corner of the screen.
3. Select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu under your profile icon.
4. Scroll down until you arrive at ‘Deactivate Account’
5. You will be prompted for confirmation; type ‘YES’ in order to confirm your request for deactivation of the account
6. Your account will now be completely deleted from Flipboard; all data associated with this account will be permanently deleted
7. If you choose, you may also opt to keep your profile and articles active without deleting it by deselecting “Delete Account” when prompted during step 5, instead leaving everything unchanged within the Profile Settings page
8. If needed, you can always return later to either re-activate or delete your flipping board by repeating steps above.
What Happens After Deleting Your Flipboard Account
Once you have deleted your Flipboard account, all the information associated with that account—including the username, avatar image, cover image, identity verification (email address), posts, comments and follows—will be permanently removed. This means that any information that was stored in your profile will no longer be accessible to you.
Additionally, any activity connected to your Flipboard profile will also be removed—this includes any follows or subscriptions to other profiles and collections you had set up as well as recommendations you had created.
Your personal data provided to Flipboard at point of sign-up will also be deleted; this includes your name, email address and any other information that was used for authentication purposes during sign-up or login. You are welcome to create a new account with the same email address if desired once all existing data has been successfully deleted from our systems.
Tips For Deactivating Your Flipboard Account
Flipboard is a popular online news aggregation platform that allows users to create personalized feeds of content from around the internet. But not everyone wants their account anymore, perhaps because they’ve switched to another service or no longer use Flipboard. If you find yourself in this situation, here are a few tips for successfully deactivating your Flipboard account:
1. Log into your Flipboard account to access the “Account Settings” page
2. Select the “Security and Login” tab on the left side of the page
3. Scroll down until you see “Deactivation & Delete Account”
4. Click on the link to deactivate or delete your account
5. Follow the instructions on this page carefully
6. Review all settings before submitting any changes
7. Once submitted, access to your Flipboard account is irrevocably removed and all content associated with it will be deleted permanently
By following these simple steps, you can easily deactivate or delete your Flipboard account and start anew with something else!
Alternatives to Flipboard
If you decide that deleting your Flipboard account is the right choice for you, there are plenty of other ways to stay up-to-date with what’s happening in the world. Consider exploring some of the following alternatives to Flipboard:
Google News: Google’s personalized news app allows readers to stay informed on stories that matter to them, across a variety of topics and sources. You can customize your Google News Feed to choose what topics you want it to keep an eye out for, track trending conversations and more.
Zite: This magazine-style app helps surface interesting stories from around the web with its Learning Engine technology. As you like and dislike stories, Zite learns how to recommend content that is tailored specifically for you.
Feedly: With Feedly, you can gather together blogs and websites about any topic that interests you into one single place. Feedly crawls those websites regularly and then keeps them organized into categories so you can find relevant information quickly and easily.
Apple News+: Apple’s subscription-based news service brings top publications from around the world into one convenient place on iOS devices such as iPads or iPhones. This is a great alternative if you’re an Apple user who wants access to thousands of magazines and newspapers without having to purchase individual subscriptions or visit multiple websites.
FAQs is a form of help file that offers guidance on common questions and answers associated with the product in question. In this case, reviews related to deleting your Flipboard account. This section can also include detailed instructions, as well as other general information about cancellation policies and procedures.
When it comes to deleting your Flipboard account, there are a few important things to consider. Before deciding to delete your account, you should make sure that you clear out any magazine covers you’ve created and any contacts or friends you’ve connected with on Flipboard. Once these steps are completed, or if you want to move forward without them, here are the FAQs:
Q: How can I delete my Flipboard account? A: To delete your Flipboard account, open the app and tap ‘Settings.’ From there select ‘Privacy’ and then tap ‘Deactivate Account’ at the bottom of the page. Follow the instructions provided and your account will be deleted permanently.
Q: Is it possible to recover my deleted Flipboard data? A: No, once an account is deleted all associated data is lost forever and cannot be recovered.
Q: Will I still receive email notifications after I have deleted my Flipboard Account? A: No, once an account is deleted all associated accounts will be deactivated as well, so no further emails will be sent from Flipboard regarding the now-deleted account.
Now that you know how to delete your Flipboard account, it’s important to take stock of why you want to delete it and make sure it’s the right decision. If you have multiple accounts or have shared content on different social networks, you may want to check if deleting your Flipboard account will affect those other accounts.
If you have any subscriptions or magazines on Flipboard, make sure they are backed up and removed before deleting your account permanently. To prevent any further access to your data, be sure to verify that all files are removed before conclusion of the process.
Finally, keep in mind that once deleted, accounts cannot be recovered or restored so ensure that this is the route you want to take before committing. If you need help ending your Flipboard membership and associated services or have questions about how deleting an account affects other related information, contact customer service for more information.