Wink Hub Current Firmware Version
The Wink Hub is a device that allows you to control your home’s connected devices from your smartphone. It uses the latest technologies to make sure that your devices are communicating properly and securely. Wink Hub’s built-in intelligence helps it determine the best way to connect and communicate with various smart devices. Keeping up with the latest firmware version for Wink Hub is important for keeping your system running smooth. Knowing the current version ensures that you have access to all of the new features, performance enhancements, and bug fixes provided by the manufacturers. The Wink Hub system supports all current versions of firmware released by its manufacturers, so staying up to date will help keep your home connected smoothly.
It’s easy to determine what firmware version you currently have installed on your Wink Hub – simply open the app on your phone or tablet and view the device information page (accessed through Settings > Devices > [Your Device Name] > Basic). This page will provide you with an overview of information about your device, including its current firmware version, as well as any available updates. Keeping this page open provides an easy way to ensure that you always have up-to-date information regarding your system’s current firmware state and necessary updates that may be available; general maintenance of this page is highly recommended!
Benefits of Updating Firmware
Updating the firmware for your Wink Hub can improve its performance and provide you with access to new features. Regularly updating your Wink Hub ensures that it is running the most recent version of the software, which can help improve the security, compatibility and stability of the device. Newer versions of firmware may include bug fixes, better protection against malicious attacks, improved compatibility with other systems and devices, enhanced safety settings and more. Updated firmware also adds extra functionality to your Wink Hub. Additionally, updating helps keep you ahead of any malicious hackers who seek to exploit known vulnerabilities in older versions of firmware. For these benefits to be realized, however, you must update your Wink Hub’s firmware regularly; this is generally done by connecting the hub to a router through an Ethernet cable and visiting the official website for settings updates. If you own multiple Wink hubs or devices connected to your system, you must update their firmware individually depending on their type and make. By doing this once every few months or so—or when there’s a major software update—you can ensure that your Wink setup remains secure, up-to-date and functioning properly.
How to Identify Your Wink Hub Model
In order to accurately identify the current firmware version for your Wink Hub, you must first identify your model of Wink Hub. The current firmware version number is available on the back of the Wink Hub’s product label and within the companion app.
It’s important to first verify what model of Wink Hub you have before attempting to determine its associated firmware version. To easily identify your specific model, make sure your device is powered on and then follow these steps:
1. Look at the sticker on the back of your Wink Hub; the product label will list its unique serial number, which includes a two digit prefix that indicates the particular model (e.g. HK, ZP).
2. Once you’ve identified your model by its two digit prefix, look up compatibility information for it at https://support.wink.com/hc/en-us/articles/205999435-Device-Compatibility
3. On this page you can select which model of Wink hub you have in order to see what operating system and firmware version it should be running at https://support.winkappstatus.com/.
4 If your device has an older firmware version or different operating system than listed in compatibility information, please consult additional guides for updating or upgrading as needed; temporarily disconnecting power during an update is recommended. While many Wink products are backwards compatible with older versions of software, some features may not work correctly when using an outdated device with a newer OS platform so regular updates are encouraged.
How to Check Your Current Firmware Version
If you’re using a Wink Hub, it’s important to stay up to date with the most recent firmware version. Regular software updates help keep your hub running smoothly and give it access to the latest features and improvements. This guide will show you how to check your Wink Hub’s current firmware version and update it, if necessary.
First, you need to check what firmware version is currently installed on your hub. To do this, open the Wink app on your mobile device and tap on the Settings tab at the bottom right corner of the screen. Scroll down to find out which version is currently running on your hub (it should be listed near the top). If a new version has been released since then, follow these steps:
1. In Settings within the app, tap General -> Firmware Updates
2. You’ll see a pop-up prompting you to confirm that you want to update your firmware
3. Tap OK
4. Wait for 10-15 minutes while the update is installed in stages – do not turn off or disconnect from power during this time! You will receive an automated notification when complete
5. To make sure that everything was successful, go back into Settings in your app and ensure that your current (new!) firmware version number is correct. Following these steps should ensure that you have successfully updated your Wink Hub’s firmware to its newest version. Keeping up with regular updates ensures that all of your devices connected can access their newest features while staying secure from potential threats or bugs in older versions of software.
How to Download The Latest Firmware
To ensure your Wink Hub and compatible devices are running at their best, it’s recommended to keep your firmware versions up to date. The current firmware version for Wink Hub is 2.7.2. To download the latest firmware:
1. Open the app (if you don’t already have the app, download it from the Apple or Google Play store). You will need an active account to access your Wink Hub remotely.
2. Tap on “Menu” in the app, then select “Hubs & Devices”
3. Identify and tap on your Wink Hub
4. At the bottom, look for “Firmware Version” and then select “Download Update”
5. Follow any additional instructions reported in the app
6. Verify that the update was successful – you should see a success message
7. Congratulations – you’ve updated your firmware!
8. Restart all connected devices and enjoy!
How to Update The Firmware
If you want to keep your Wink Hub running at its best, you need to make sure it is running the latest firmware version. To check what version of firmware your Wink Hub is currently running, head over to https://support.wink.com/help-center/update-hub/ and click on ‘Check Firmware Version’ under Wink Hubs heading on the left side of the page.
To update the firmware on your hub, simply follow these steps:
- Ensure your router has a stable connection and restart both your router and hub if needed to secure a strong connection
- If a newer version of firmware is available, you will be prompted to start the update process by pressing ‘Update Now’ in the top right corner
- Your hub will temporarily disconnect from Wi-Fi while it downloads and installs its new firmware
- Once complete, your Smart Home Apps should show that an update was successfully applied
- Reboot all devices connected directly or indirectly with Ethernet or Wi-Fi bridges to make sure any settings changes are properly implemented
Sometimes even after updating your settings may not be properly set up or take effect – if this occurs reboot individual components (such as Philips Hue bulbs or cameras) one at a time until all connections are working properly again. If successful, you will now be happily running on the newest version of firmware!