How to Turn Off Flipboard on S5
Flipboard is an award-winning personalized magazine app that offers an immersive experience of the news and stories you care about. It pulls together content from social networks, trusted news sources, and other online material to deliver daily updates in an easy-to-navigate format that allows you to “flip” through stories just like a newspaper or magazine. It has been touted as a new type of online reading experience that revolutionizes how people take in media.
If you’ve decided Flipboard isn’t for you and are looking to disable it on your S5, iMore has detailed instructions on how to do so. To make sure it isn’t running in the background, go into the Applications Manager (Settings > Quick Settings > More > Applications) and deactivate Flipboard from the “All” tab. This will stop it from refreshing itself or hogging any unnecessary resources. You can also go into Application Manager directly by swiping twice with two fingers on your home screen. From there, you can simply Force Stop or even Uninstall Flipboard altogether if preferred.
What is The Samsung Galaxy S5?
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is a flagship Android phone released in April 2014. It has one of the biggest screens on a mainstream phone (5.1″), includes some of the latest components, such as 2GB of RAM, 16/32GB storage, LTE support and an 18MP camera.
The device runs Android 4.4 KitKat, has an IR blaster and is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 801 processor instead of the Exynos 5 Octa which was used in the Galaxy S4. In addition to this processor it also comes with a powerful Adreno 330 GPU. It also comes with a removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery and supports quick charging technology that can charge up your battery quickly in emergency situations. The device also supports a number of Samsung specific features like Multi-window (the ability to use two apps at once), Private Mode (for managing personal data), Fingerprint Scanning (for secure authentication) as well as built-in heart rate sensor for monitoring your vital signs while exercising.
Reasons to Turn Off Flipboard
Flipboard is a popular news and social media aggregation app that pre-installs on some Samsung devices such as the S5. While having a convenient source of your favorite news outlets can be very useful, there are occasions when you may want to turn this app off. Here are some of the reasons why:
1. Cleaning up memory space: If you are running short on RAM on your S5, then turning off Flipboard can help to free up valuable storage and speed up your device. With RAM at a premium, it pays to be able to control what applications have access to your RAM.
2. Less distraction: If you get easily distracted by checking in on Flipboard for gossip or other news during work hours or studying periods, then disabling it may help you stay focused instead of getting sucked into the latest celebrity drama or trending topics.
3. Reduced battery drain: An app such as Flipboard that is constantly running in the background can have an impact on battery level due to its dynamic content updates and features. Turning it off while not needed helps save battery power when your device needs it most. It also makes sense to stow away certain apps if they’re not playing an active part in daily phone activities — like when camping!
4. Simplify setup: If you’re planning an event, setting up a display or just want clear access points for all applications within reach, you can simplify this process by turning off all redundant apps — including Flipboard — until their function is needed again later on.
How to Turn Off Flipboard
Some Samsung Galaxy S5 users may want to know how to turn off Flipboard that is already installed on their device. Before turning off Flipboard, it is important to note that the application can be used in an organized way by sorting different sections into the Flipboard view. So if you don’t want to necessarily turn the app off but just customize how it shows up on your screen, the options of editing or moving certain sections or categories, as well as being able to search content can be accessed from the settings menu.
However, if you do wish to turn Flipboard off completely on your S5 phone, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Find “Device” and select “Application Manager” from the list of options shown.
3. Find “Flipboard” and click on it; this will open a page with more detailed settings for this one particular application.
4. Depending on what type of update settings you would like for Flipboard, choose either “Disable” or “Force Stop” depending upon which one will better suit your needs (a forced stop will not allow future updates while disabling below Android version 4 enables future updates).
5. Choose whichever action would best fit your current preferences towards Flipboard and then press OK at the bottom of this settings page when finished making changes.
Alternatives to Flipboard
If you wish to disable Flipboard but still want to view news on your Samsung Galaxy S5, there are several alternatives that you can use. Below are some of the apps that might appeal to you.
1. Google Play Newsstand: This free app from Google provides personalized news from more than a thousand publishers and websites around the world, giving you up-to-date information from a variety of sources. It also offers offline reading capabilities so you can keep up on the stories even when traveling or when there is no internet connection available.
2. Inoreader: This app gives news fans an advanced RSS reader with access to information regarding interests and topics like sports, business or lifestyle choices. It also includes features like text-to-speech options and customisation preferences built into its interface.
3. Feedly: Feedly allows users to collect data from nearly anywhere on the web and have it displayed in an organised and uncluttered manner in one easy-to-access place – no matter where it comes from! It lets you follow specific sites, blogs and topics as they happen while providing recommended stories that are tailor made for each individual user’s interests as well as real time updates via notifications whenever something new has been shared online by any of their sources.
4. Flipboard (still available): If Flipboard is still something that you would like to use but just want it off your home screen then this does not mean it has been deleted entirely – you can always access it through Galaxy Apps or head over to the Play Store in order to reinstall the app again any time.
Once you have the Flipboard app turned off, your Samsung Galaxy S5 will no longer receive notifications from the service. In addition, you won’t be able to open or use Flipboard on your device. However, you can easily reactivate it anytime you need it by accessing the list of apps and simply tapping on the icon. We hope that this guide has been helpful in turning off Flipboard notifications for your Samsung Galaxy S5. If you have any questions about this process or experience any difficulties, please contact us. We are always happy to provide support and answer all of your questions related to using this device and its apps.